Marywood's Athletic Training Education Program prepares students for the Board of Certification (BOC) exam, which will qualify you for advanced professional programs of study and entry-level employment as a certified athletic trainer. The goals of our program are to:
Actively engage students in a comprehensive program of study that blends classroom, clinical, and professional educational experiences.
- Provide each student with a thorough knowledge base and a quality education.
- Provide quality clinical experiences
- Promote the growth and development of each student
- Develop professionals with high ethical standards who will positively contribute to the athletic training profession.
- Develop professionals who value education and have a thirst for lifelong learning.
- Prepare students for entry-level positions and further study
Prepare students to sit for and pass the BOC exam.
- Monitor student progress throughout the program.
- Ensure students master the minimum competencies and proficiencies to pass the BOC exam.
Continually strive to exceed the entry-level standards for athletic training education.