If you would like to request funding for conference travel, then please fill out the downloadable Conference Funding Form and submit it to the Student Life Office in Nazareth Student Center, room 107.
Please read the guidelines below before applying:
The following are general guidelines that will be followed in awarding funding, but they are subject to change at the discretion of the Graduate Student Council:
- You must apply for funding 4 weeks prior to the conference. Funding will not be granted after the conference has been attended. Special circumstances will be considered if 4 weeks’ notice is not given, but not guaranteed. This decision will be made under the discretion of the Graduate Student Council Executive Board.
- Conference funding will only be awarded for conferences not training of any kind.
- This funding is meant to serve as a supplement towards conference expenses. This service does not guarantee payment of all expenses.
Up to 100% can be awarded (amounts will vary based on the total amount of funding needed by the students and discretion will be left up to the GSC committee).
Up to 50% of travel (airfare, gas*, rent a car, bus, taxi etc.) will be reimbursed if receipts are provided to the GSC. Plane tickets may be reimbursed up to 50% if conference is located more than six hours by car from Scranton, PA.
International travel will be considered on a case by case basis
*Travel mileage will be based on the IRS standards of: $0.55 per mile
Up to 50% of accommodations money will be reimbursed if receipts are provided to the GSC
The GSC does not reimburse for food/meals purchased during conferences.
- Approval from the department chair
- Number of other students attending the conference
- Whether or not the student is presenting at the conference
- Presenters will be considered for 75% reimbursement on travel and accommodations with evidence of presentation material (PowerPoint slides, agenda etc.)
It should be noted that if funding is available, then GSC may award more than 50% of hotel and travel, but this will at the discretion of the council.
** The percentage allotted for registration, accommodations, and travel will be awarded on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the GSC committee.