Graduate Funding Requests
If you would like to request funding for conference or research expenses, then please fill out Research & Professional Development Funding Request Form.
- You must apply for funding two weeks prior to the date you need to make purchases/complete registrations. Funding will not be granted after the conference has been attended or purchases have been made if a request was not submitted beforehand. Special circumstances will be considered if two weeks’ notice is not given, but not guaranteed.
- Funding will only be awarded for conferences that do not provide training of any kind.
- This funding is meant to serve as a supplement towards expenses. This service does not guarantee payment of all expenses.
- Funding is distributed on a first come first served basis (funds are equally distributed between the fall and spring semesters)
- Funding requests are not accepted between the months of May and August. Graduate Student Council does not allocate funding during summer months.
- Please keep in mind that all funding submissions are FINAL. No alternations may be made to your funding request after submission and GSC will not consider additional compensation for any reason.
Still unsure about what is eligible?
Here are some examples of past conferences that graduate students have received funding for. If you present at a conference, then you will be provided with additional compensation.
- American Speech, Language, Hearing Association Convention
- The Symposium on Military-Connected Students
- Chi Sigma Iota PA Statewide Conference
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- 2018 American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting