2016-2017 Graduate Scholarship Application
Master's Degree and Educational Specialist Degree Students
All material must be submitted by February 14, 2016.
Academic Programs and Departments that participate in this scholarship program by completing this scholarship application and essay electronically are:
- Art Department Except Sequential Art Program or Masters with a Masters Program
- Business and Managerial Science Programs (campus based programs)
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (CAGS)
- Communication Arts Department
- Criminal Justice Programs
- Health and Physical Education Department
- Music Department
- Nutrition Department(Campus-Based Programs Only)
- Psychology Programs
- Public Administration Program
Academic Programs not covered by this scholarship application are:
- Art: Sequential Art Program or Masters with a Masters Program
- MBA 2.0 Online Program
- Counseling Degrees begun on or after Spring 2014
- Education Department (All Degree Programs and Certifications)
- Interior Architecture
- Physician Assistant
- Social Work Programs
- Speech and Lanaguage Pathology
Each academic program not covered by this scholarship application has more information about its scholarship program process or tuition value pricing package listed on the main Graduate Financial Aid Page.
Dear Scholarship Applicant,
Marywood University welcomes your graduate scholarship application for studies in non-cohort programs. A complete scholarship application consists of an online scholarship application and an essay typed in Microsoft Word submitted electronically. The complete scholarship application should be supported by a complete application for University Admissions by the above deadline. You are encouraged to read the directions below completely before you begin the application process.
Awards will be made on the basis of three factors: academic promise, normally represented by a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or a graduate GPA of 3.50; professional focus and commitment; and financial need (required for specific scholarships).
File a complete admissions application. It is fully expected that each prospective student who is a scholarship applicant will have a complete admissions application on file with the Office of Graduate Admissions by February 14, 2016. The admissions application provides the supporting documentation necessary to evaluate a scholarship application. Acceptance into a graduate program is a prerequisite to receiving scholarship funds.
Complete the scholarship application electronically. The scholarship application itself is on a secure server. You must press "yes" if your browser asks you if you wish to display secure items, otherwise Marywood University will not receive any of the information you type on the application upon submission.
If you declare full program participation on the scholarship application, enrollment in nine or more credits in the Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 semesters or what your graduate department defines as full enrollment in structured programs, and are awarded a full program participation scholarship and enroll for less than full-time registration in either of these semesters your scholarship award will be reduced.
If you declare partial program participation on your scholarship application, The Committee on Graduate Scholarships expects partial program participation students who are scholarship recipients to enroll in and maintain at least six credits in the fall semester and at least six credits in the spring semester. Partial program participation scholarship recipients who fail to meet this requirement in a semester will have their scholarships rescinded for that semester.
Email a scholarship essay as a Microsoft Word document. Please type an essay (300-500 words) clarifying the relationship between your life-goals and graduate education at Marywood. Your essay will also be judged on depth of expression and use of the English language. Your essay must clearly address the following areas:
- Describe your professional work background and experience.
- Describe your community leadership activities. Indicate if a volunteer activity.
- Describe any commendations and appreciation awards as well as undergraduate and graduate academic awards and honors.
- Describe any special projects, demonstrations, workshops, recitals, exhibits, or whatever may be appropriate to your area to indicate your abilities and interests.
- What are your short and long range career goals and objectives?
- What attracted you to your Marywood program as a vehicle for achieving your goals?
Email the essay in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your essay should contain your name, social security number, and field of study at the top of the page.
If you have any questions about completing these forms, please contact Mr. Frank Falcone at email@example.com or (570) 348-6211 ext. 2356.
Scholarship selection results will be mailed electronically in early April 2016. Scholarships are available for use beginning Fall 2016; they may only be used to defray tuition for Marywood courses.
Students awarded graduate assistantships for the 2016-2017 academic year who accept those positions are not eligible to receive scholarship awards as well.
All scholarship applications from prospective students received after the close of business on 2/14/2016 will be considered as late applications. Marywood University will review these applications on a discretionary, funds-available basis. By University policy we cannot accept late scholarship applications from current students and prospective international students.
Neither scholarship nor assistantship awards are renewed automatically each year. It is the responsibility of the student to reapply each academic year.