Education: MAT in Teaching & Certification in Secondary/K-12 Education
- Certification in secondary/K-12 subjects
- General & specific teaching methodologies
- In-depth learning experience
The MAT program in Secondary Education is designed for the teaching professional whose goals include initial certification in Secondary Education/K-12, as well as an MAT degree.
More About This Degree
- This program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- College: Reap College of Education & Human Development
- Department Website: Education Department
- Courses: Available courses in this department
- 39-54 Credit Hours Required
Full Time Faculty - Education Department
Patricia Arter, Ed.D, Chairperson
Tammy Brown, Ph.D.
Kathryn Clauss, IHM, Ph.D.
Christine Fryer, M.S.
Michelle Gonzalez, Ph.D.
Bernice Lukus, M.S.
Joseph Polizzi, Ph.D.
Frances Russell, IHM, Ph.D.
Kathleen Ruthkosky, Ph.D.
Tonya Saddler, Ph.D.
Mary Salvaterra, Ph.D., C.S.J.
Kerri Tobin, Ph.D.
Amy Wincek, M.S.
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies includes a broad range of teaching, clinical and research equipment in support of its graduate training mission. The facility includes multimedia classrooms and a curriculum lab with excellent resources for students, including an Ellison machine, a laminator, and computer facilities.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Two or three letters of recommendation