Special Education: PK-8 or 7-12
- Gain knowledge of students w/special needs
- Balance theory & research w/practical application
- Second certification for credentialed teachers
Candidates enrolled in graduate programs in Special Education are part of the Marywood legacy for preparing special educators since 1948. Current faculty have many years of experience in the field and all hold credentials in the areas in which they teach. Every candidate is assigned a program advisor and benefits from classes that greatly have a 1:15 faculty-student ratio.
This is not a stand alone program; it is a second certification only.
More About This Degree
- This program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- College: Reap College of Education & Human Development
- Department Website: Education
- Courses: Available courses in this department
- 36 Credit Hours Required
Students benefit from state-of-the-art technically equipped classrooms, a curriculum lab and grant funded Assisted Technology Center. These facilities allow graduate students to have hands on experience when developing knowledge and skill competencies throughout their program. The Assistive Technology Center was developed to be used by students with disabilities and for training those who will work with them; includes Braille embossers, closed circuit TV, captioning, and specialized software for speech recognition, concept mapping, phonetic spelling, and word prediction.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Two or three letters of recommendation