- Develop administrative and interpersonal skills
- Become a principal, vice principal, superintendent, program director, school district administrator
- Individualized internships
The purpose of this program is to provide opportunities for the development of the administrative and interpersonal skills needed by practicing and future leaders in education. The program is built on the assumption that the public and non-public school environments are unique. For this reason, courses and other learning experiences are deeply grounded in those principles of public and non-public thought and practice. Internships are individualized, based on needs and interests of school districts and student participants. The Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards support the courses and internship.
More About This Degree
- This program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- College: Reap College of Education & Human Development
- Department Website: Education Department
- Courses: Available courses in this department
- 36 Credit Hours Required
Full Time Faculty - Education Department
Patricia Arter, Ed.D, Chairperson
Tammy Brown, Ph.D.
Kathryn Clauss, IHM, Ph.D.
Christine Fryer, M.S.
Michelle Gonzalez, Ph.D.
Bernice Lukus, M.S.
Joseph Polizzi, Ph.D.
Frances Russell, IHM, Ph.D.
Kathleen Ruthkosky, Ph.D.
Tonya Saddler, Ph.D.
Mary Salvaterra, Ph.D., C.S.J.
Kerri Tobin, Ph.D.
Amy Wincek, M.S.
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies includes a broad range of teaching, clinical and research equipment in support of its graduate training mission. The facility includes multimedia classrooms and a curriculum lab with excellent resources for students, including an Ellison machine, a laminator, and computer facilities.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Two or three letters of recommendation