Higher Education Administration
- Careers at colleges/universities
- Guide study and career development of students
- Learn to lead
The Master of Science in Higher Education Administration is designed to develop students to accept positions as mid-level administrators at a variety of post-secondary institutions. The opportunities vary from entry-level direct service to director-level positions. The Master of Science in Higher Education Administration Program will prepare graduates to be critical, creative problem solvers, who have had broad based experiences in a variety of higher education administration contexts. Our graduates will “learn to be leaders” and will be prepared to assume roles in postsecondary institutions that will showcase their gifts and talents.
More About This Degree
- This program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- College: Reap College of Education & Human Development
- Department Website: Education Department
- Courses: Available courses in this department
- 36 Credit Hours Required
Dr. Tonya Saddler holds a doctorate from Virginia Tech. Her research interests are in socialization of individuals in postsecondary education and faculty work-life issues of underrepresented females, African Americans, and faculty in STEM fields.
Marywood University Master’s level students have access to all library services – including the ability to conduct research from home, and computer labs on campus. Our students also have the opportunity to do their internship at Marywood, at their current post-secondary institution, or a variety of postsecondary settings.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- “B” average during undergraduate study or demonstrated potential for graduate work
- Completed application
- Official, sealed transcripts
- Two or three letters of recommendation