2018-2019 Graduate Scholarship Application
Academic Programs and Departments That Participate in This Scholarship Program
- Art Department
exceptSequential Art Program or Masters with a Masters Program
- Business and Managerial Science Programs (Online and distance education programs excluded)
- Communication Arts Department
- Sports Nutrition and Exercise Science
- Health Services Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Music Department
- Nutrition Department(Online and distance education programs excluded)
Graduate Scholarship Application Process
1. File a Complete Admissions Application
It is fully expected that each prospective student who is a scholarship applicant will have a complete admissions application on file with the Office of Graduate Admissions by February 14, 2018. The admissions application provides the supporting documentation necessary to evaluate a scholarship application. Acceptance into a graduate program is required in order to receive scholarship funds.
2. Complete the Scholarship Application Electronically
If you declare full program participation on the scholarship application, you are expected to enroll in a minimum of nine credits in each of the fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters. In the event that your program defines
If you declare partial program participation on the scholarship application, you are expected to maintain a minimum of six credits in each of the fall 2018 and spring 2019 semesters. Partial program participation scholarship recipients who fail to meet this requirement in any given semester will have their scholarship rescinded.
Scholarship Essay Requirements
Please type an essay (300-500 words) clarifying the relationship between your life-goals and graduate education at Marywood. Your essay will also be judged on depth of expression and use of the English language. Your essay must clearly address the following areas:
- Describe your professional work background and experience.
- Describe your community leadership activities. Indicate if a volunteer activity.
- Describe any commendations and appreciation awards as well as undergraduate and graduate academic awards and honors.
- Describe any special projects, demonstrations, workshops, recitals, exhibits, or whatever may be appropriate to your area to indicate your abilities and interests.
- What are your short and long-range career goals and objectives?
- What attracted you to your Marywood program as a vehicle for achieving your goals?
If you have any questions about completing these forms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Financial Aid Office at (570) 348-6225.
Students will be notified of the scholarship selection results in late April 2018. Scholarships may only be used to cover graduate tuition costs for the fall and spring semesters. Scholarships may not be used for summer enrollment.
Students awarded graduate assistantships for the 2018-2019 academic year who accept those positions are not eligible to receive scholarship awards as well.
All scholarship applications from prospective students received after the close of business on February 14, 2018 will be considered as late applications. Marywood University will review these applications on a discretionary, funds available basis. Late scholarship applications from current students and prospective international students will not be funded.
Neither scholarship awards nor assistantship awards