- Types of Aid
- Application Process
- Eligibility for Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Alternative Loans
- Online Resources
If your, your spouse's or your parents' financial circumstances have changed since you completed your FAFSA, you may be eligible for a special circumstance review.
Special circumstances are generally limited to the following conditions:
- loss of employment or change of employment status
- divorce/separation or death of a parent/spouse
- loss of untaxed income (i.e. child support)
- unusually high medical bills or disability-related expenses
- secondary school tuition expenses
- loss of one-time income
- unusual expenses such as dependent care and secondary school
If you feel you have extenuating circumstances, please complete a Special Condition form and submit the form and all required documentation to the Financial Aid Office. Incomplete forms and/or insufficient documentation will not be considered for a special circumstance review.