The President of the University serves for a term of five years with the right to succession, subject to the advice and consent of a majority of the Members of the Corporation. In the election of the President, the Board of Trustees shall give first consideration to duly qualified members of the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Scranton, Pennsylvania.
The President of the University administers the government of Marywood University as its Chief Executive Officer. She is an ex officio member of the Board of Trustees and all committees of the Board.
In the case of the disability of the President of the University, the duties of that office shall be performed by a University officer designated by the Board of Trustees with the consent of a majority of the Members of the Corporation.
It is the responsibility of the President
- to lead the University in the fulfillment of its mission, goals and objectives;
- to be committed to academic excellence and to the philosophy of a comprehensive Catholic university;
- to implement policy decisions of the Board of Trustees;
- to issue public statements on behalf of the University;
- to lead in the efforts of long-range planning and its implementation; and
- to work closely with the University Advancement staff in their work of fund raising.