What to do first
Download the Faculty Development Guidelines from the website. Work with your chairperson, colleagues and faculty mentor on creating your plan. Submit these documents (3 paper copies and one electronic copy of the Proposal) to: Chair of Faculty Development Committee, Sr. Angela Kim, IHM, LAC Room 81, ext. 2394.
Submitting a Proposal
- Download the Proposal document to your computer from the Forms page.
- Open it using Adobe Acrobat.
- Type the required information into the form. Make sure you have specified where you are going for your activity. Enter your expenses (please do not send receipts to the committee), and all other required information.
- If you are making a presentation, include documentation of this with your Proposal (such as a letter of acceptance, page from a conference program, etc.).
- Sign the form, and get your department chair's and dean's signatures as well.
- Send 3 paper copies and e-mail an electronic copy to the Faculty Development Chairperson (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the next submission deadline
- After about 2 weeks you will hear from the Vice President for Academic Affairs (or the committee chair if there is a problem with your proposal). At that time you will be asked to submit an expense form and receipts to that office.
Revised Funding Limits: National, 2013-2014
- $ 200: Conference Attending
- $ 800: Commentator, panel, roundtable, poster, presiding
- $ 1,200: Conference Presentation & Exhibition
- $ 800: Research or Creative Endeavor
Revised Funding Limits: International, 2013-2014
- $ 200 : Conference Attending
- $ 1,000: Commentator, panel, roundtable, poster, presiding
- $ 1,700: Conference Presentation
- $ 1,000: Research or Creative Endeavor
Some Important Tips:
- You may submit multiple requests for funding up to the limits noted above (budget permitting)
- The magic number of copies is 3 Proposals (plus an electronic copy).
- All documents require your signature as well as your department chairperson'sn and your dean's.
- It takes approximately 2 weeks from the submission deadline to process and review your Proposal