Bayleaf on Facebook
As Alexander Pope said, "To err is human," and wow, did we err! The submission deadline for The Bayleaf is November 18th, not November 11th. We apologize for any confusion we may have caused by posting the 11th as the submission date, and we hope you will forgive us and send us your original work!
View on Facebook
Today is the day! Tonight is the night! Submit your work and tell us what you have to say! E-mail all original creations to us by 11:59 p.m. tonight for consideration in the Fall edition of the Bayleaf!
View on Facebook
With the end of the semester comes a very important deadline: the last day to submit your work to the Bayleaf! Make sure you e-mail us your original work by 11:59 a.m. this Friday, Nov. 11, to be considered for publication in the Fall 2016 issue. Contact us with any questions you may have and get creative!
View on Facebook
The Bayleaf, Marywood's premiere journal of literature and art, publishes the work of undergraduate student writers and artists. The Bayleaf is published in the fall and spring semesters.
The Bayleaf accepts only original student work and strongly discourages resubmissions.
- All submissions should come in a format that will be easy to work with.
- The Bayleaf encourages students to submit their artwork as an attached file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The artist's name should not appear on the work, but a cover sheet should be provided stating (1.) the artist's name, (2.) the title of the work(s) submitted, (3.) your major and year, and (4.) your local or campus mailing address and phone number.
- Non-electronic submissions should come in a protective casing.
- The Bayleaf is not responsible for any damage incurred to artwork in the submission process.
- Properly submitted work will be returned to the artist shortly before publication.
- Poems, short stories, essays, or any other reasonably short genre of writing will be considered for publication.
- The Bayleaf encourages students to submit their manuscripts as an attached file saved in Microsoft Word to email@example.com.
- All work must be typed in a legible font, such as Courier New, Times New Roman, or Arial. Handwritten entries will not be accepted.
- Do not underline or put the title of your work in quotation marks.
- Include title and page number in the upper right hand corner of each page of all submissions.
- If you are more comfortable submitting your work the traditional way, please put your work(s) with individual cover pages into a manila envelope. Label it "Bayleaf Submission" and take it to the campus mailing center.
- Submissions received without any sort of identification will become property of The Bayleaf and will not be considered for publication.
The Bayleaf will accept a maximum of five submissions per student.
The editorial staff, comprised of Marywood undergraduate students, reviews all work democratically and anonymously. Submission due dates for each issue will be announced. The Bayleaf will not accept late material or any submission that fails to meet the journal's submission guidelines. Prizes will be awarded for the best literature and art submissions.
Remember to submit work that you have honed to the best of your ability. The courage to experiment, express, and create are the roots from which The Bayleaf is nourished.
For more information, contact Dr. Helen Bittel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 348-6219.
Contact The Bayleaf staff at email@example.com.