News and Upcoming Events
Marywood's programs in English are designed to teach students to:
- Analyze literary and/or rhetorical techniques in various genres.
- Articulate the ways that literary texts illuminate human experiences.
- Situate a work within its socio-historical and/or cultural contexts.
- Write in creative, persuasive, and/or analytical ways.
- Conduct responsible academic research.
- Communicate ideas orally in a variety of academic and professional settings.
The English Department at Marywood University is a dynamic learning community dedicated to exploring the beauty and power of language and literature. We offer a broad spectrum of courses for literary study and teacher training. Majors in English and minors in writing and women's studies are available.
- Small class sizes
- Individual attention
- A variety of courses to choose from
- Internships and independent study opportunities
- Nationally recognized teacher education program