Research Assistant 2019-36
Department: African Sisters Education Collaborative (ASEC)
Varying schedule, 10 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Description of Duties
The Research Assistant (RA) will be involved in:
- Quantitative and qualitative data retrieval and management for research projects.
- Publications from ASEC database and related resources.
These tasks may be related to a particular program and/or country research project, the organization of a conference(s), the editing of a journal, and/or other activities that are associated with further acquisition, analysis, or dissemination of knowledge.
- Coordinate ASEC Partnership with Center for Applied Research for Apostolate (CARA)
- Oversee the Service Learning Program with Partners Universities in the USA and /service Learning sites in Africa.
The Research Assistant will be responsible to work the number of hours per week stipulated by their contract. The prospective candidate will be a Graduate, with a minimum of Masters Credentials and a background in research (Ph.D. Preferred). The candidate will work with a team of collaborators to enhance best practices and development of research methods that promote scholarly excellence and quality work for publication
The coordinate partnership program with ASEC & CARA responsibilities include:
- Visiting scholar program
- Searching, organizing, and posting conference opportunities
- Organizing publication projects
The coordinate ASEC research activities responsibilities include:
- Tracer studies
- Coordinate the announcement, recruitment, and training of Service Learning Program employees
- Support institution capacity-building projects
- Coordinate ongoing research projects from SLDI, HESA, the scholarship program, and Service Learning outcomes
Sr. Draru Mary Cecilia