Art Gallery Assistant 2019-42
Department: Art Galleries
Saturday & Sunday: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Monday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Thursday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Description of Duties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data Entry, Filing, Heavy Lifting.
- Receptionist duties.
- Provide attentive gallery coverage and security of the gallery and artwork on display.
- Engage with the public in a positive way and ba representative of the Art Galleries and University
- Help with installations and office tasks.
- Be reliable and responsible.
- Must be able to work day shifts, evening shift, and weekend shift.
- Must be able to work receptions area on occasional weekend evenings.
Multiple positions are available. Students typically contract to work 5-20 hours a week. Art students are preferred, but not required (although an interest in art is crucial for success in this position).