The Fricchione Early Learning Center
Assistant Teacher (#686, #688)
Days per Week: Monday through Friday
Hours per Week: 27.5
Weeks per Year: 52
Summary of Duties
The Fricchione Early Learning Center at Marywood University is seeking an energetic and professional candidate to join our team! The Fricchione Early Learning Center is a STAR IV, NAEYC accredited early learning program.
The Assistant Teacher supports the teachers and the director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the teacher assistant observes and documents children’s interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. Assistant Teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the teacher and the director.
High School Diploma or GED and 6-12 hours of ECE credit or CDA or Associate’s Degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
Minimum of 1-2 years of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- 24 hours of professional development within 1 year of hire.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
- Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children by developing activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children in accordance with the Center’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports and parent teacher conferences.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Ensure smooth, daily transition from home to classroom.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Supervise classroom volunteers/students to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement
Requirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels, kneel, bend, squat, crawl, lift up to 50 lbs.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Teacher online