Alumni Engagement, University Advancement
Director of Alumni Engagement (#456)
Summary of Duties
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, business, public administration, or relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, print publications, and social media. Promote institutional pride and enable alumni to serve as advocates and ambassadors of the University.
- Work closely with University Advancement colleagues in establishing and strengthening relationships directed at increasing support from alumni; routinely identify and qualify alumni prospects for gifts; communicate development–related activities via written contact reports filed in Raiser's Edge and attendance at prospect management meetings.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Marywood Alumni Association Board of Directors and other University entities as assigned. Provide strategic direction for volunteer groups in order to align with University priorities.
- Assess, expand, and enhance the current alumni volunteer program. This includes a regional chapter program (Marywood Alumni Club of NEPA/MAC and other chapters). working with University Advancement colleagues and alumni volunteers to develop a plan for revitalized regional programming and volunteer engagement growth that aligns with overall University goals. This includes but is not limited to: identification and implementation of chapter events, the establishment of a student/alumni mentor and internship program, alumni speaker series, and admissions ambassadors. All alumni events are to be executed in collaboration with the University’s Development function.
- Maintain a travel schedule as directed and necessary to expand alumni participation beyond the regional area.
- Collaborate closely with University Advancement colleagues in assessing, expanding and enhancing current alumni events and programming, working with alumni engagement staff and alumni volunteers to develop a plan for revitalizing alumni event programming that aligns with overall alumni engagement goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital & Social Media Assistant to design innovative communication strategies and tools to deeply engage alumni and other external stakeholders in sustaining the mission of the University.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the University to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the University.
- Lead the development and strategic growth of Alumni Weekend.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Development, support the development and strategic growth of the Class Reunion Giving Program, Young Alumni Giving Program, and other alumni engagement programs to increase G.O.L.D. alumni donor and volunteer participation.
- Supervise and manage Alumni Engagement personnel, budgets, and resources to effectively execute the Development & Alumni Engagement Strategic Plan and other University Advancement division priorities as assigned.
- Execute special projects as assigned.
Must be proficient in volunteer management, program development, innovation, event planning, and use and knowledge of various communication platforms (i.e., web, social media).
Marywood University, in accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities, including admission, or with respect to employment. Inquiries should be directed to the Director of Equity and Inclusion/Title IX Coordinator, Marywood University, Scranton, PA 18509-1598. Phone: 570-340-6042 or e-mail Yerodin Lucas.
Please use the application link to apply. Applications will be considered until 11/01/2019.Apply for Director of Alumni Engagement online