Tenure Track Assistant Professor – Counselor Education
Summary of Duties
Marywood University is a comprehensive Catholic university sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and located in northeastern Pennsylvania.
The Marywood University Department of Psychology & Counseling seeks an Assistant Professor of Counselor Education for a full-time (nine month) tenure track position beginning August, 2018.
The Counseling Program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Program (CACREP), approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and meets all of the educational requirements for professional licensure in Pennsylvania.
The primary responsibilities of this position will involve teaching, research, and service in a master’s level CACREP accredited counselor education program with school and clinical mental health counseling tracks.
Teaching responsibilities will include graduate courses in DSM-V diagnosis and psychopathology, human development, testing and assessment, and supervision of practicum and internship
- A doctoral degree in counselor education and supervision from a CACREP accredited training program. ABD will be considered provided that the degree is conferred prior to the start date.
- Professional counseling license (LPC) or license eligibility in Pennsylvania
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Provide evidence of a strong professional counselor identity
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a clinical mental health counselor
- Can demonstrate 3 or more years of successful graduate teaching experience
- Possess expertise in one or more of the following areas: DSM-V diagnosis and psychopathology, human development, and testing and assessment
- Possess the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) credential
- Have established a strong record of publications in peer reviewed journals
How to Apply
Applicants should include a letter of interest, a current curriculum vita and a list of references with contact information. To assure full consideration, please submit all materials by December 1st, 2017. An electronic copy of materials should be sent to: email@example.com.