Automated Library Technician & User Services Assistant (#303)
Summary of Duties
- Serves as the primary point of contact with Dematic Corporation, vendor of the Library's Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS).
- Responsible for the daily addition to, removal from, modification of, and auditing of the ASRS inventory, either manually or via the electronic Integrated Library Management System (ILMS).
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly routine maintenance of the ASRS server through system updates, ensuring the operability of the server and related components.
- Administers and manages Dematic's Equipment Management Services (EMS) Control Center software, troubleshooting software and related problems as needed.
- Responsible for providing EMS Control Center access to library personnel as needed.
- Performs integrity verification of EMS Control Center transaction log and system backups.
- Works with library technical services personnel to facilitate the host interface connection between the ASRS and ILMS.
- Works with the library technical services personnel to maintain the integrity and the accuracy of records between ASRS and ILMS.
- Coordinates with maintenance personnel to replace ASRS parts as needed.
- Answers questions from, and provides troubleshooting assistance for library personnel outside of normal work hours related to the ASRS as needed.
- Returns to reset the ASRS to an operational state after emergency stops or errors on a when-needed basis.
- Provides ASRS workflow training to library personnel.
- Manages and disseminates documentation for the ASRS and related systems including circulation workflows.
- Staffs the library front desk on a daily rotational schedule with other library personnel, which includes providing general information to library patrons and performing circulation functions such as check-out, check-in, renewals, and patron registration.
- Participates in staffing the library front desk on Saturdays on a rotational schedule with other library personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Work Experience Requirements
2+ years experience with mechanical systems.
- Skilled in computer technology and have computer hardware/software troubleshooting skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Ability to work with the public.
A completed Marywood application, resume, and names/contact information for three references.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Automated Library Technician & User Services Assistant online