Student Development Center
Associate Director of Counseling/Student Development Center (#401)
Summary of Duties
The AD assists with planning, policy and procedure development, management and provision of the counseling services and education programs of the CSDC and represents the CSDC in the Director's absence. The Associate Director is an active member of the Student Life Division Team which collaborates with students, faculty, and staff to fulfill the mission and goals of the division and of the University, including:
- Provide emotional, mental health, personal, and academic counseling and advising for the student body. Provide individual, couple, and group counseling.
- Train, evaluate, and supervise intern/practicum students.
- Coordinate the wellness peer education program with particular attention to the recruitment, selection, training, and evaluation of the student peers.
- Coordinate outreach programming in collaboration with Student Life Staff, faculty, and other administrators in areas of health/wellness, developmental issues of young adults, and mental health issues. Specifically, this involves assisting with training resident advisor's, peer educators, etc.; planning life enhancement programs for residents; and coordinating community-wide awareness and prevention programs on variety of topics pertinent to college students.
- Participate in the 24-hour on-call emergency coverage system available to Marywood students during the academic year.
- Collaborate with the University on consulting with psychiatrist, as needed in the assessment and treatment of students with serious mental health needs.
- Assist in the coordination of screening days in collaboration with the Director and other members of the University community.
- Respond to referrals of Academic Affairs and Enrollment Management staff and faculty in providing counseling and programs designed to assist students "at risk" or in academic difficulty with motivation and class attendance concerns and other issues related to academic success, retention, and degree completion.
- Assist with assessments of needs within the community and develop new counseling/student development services and programs.
- Assist with the design and creation of brochures and publications, which communicate with the programs and services of the Counseling/Student Development Center and invite student contact, faculty referral, etc.
- Participate in New Student Orientation programs, Resident Director & Associate training, and related activities of the Student Life Division as requested.
- Represent the Counseling/Student Development Center on University committees as assigned and prepare necessary reports and related correspondence.
- Represent the University through active participation and leadership roles as in state/regional/national professional activities.
Pennsylvania License in a mental health field (Counseling, Psychiatric Nursing, Psychology, Social Work).
The Associate Director of the Counseling/Student Development enter (CSDC) is appointed by the Director of the Counseling/Student Development center after consultation with the Vice President for Enrollment Services & Student Success and the University Community.
Line of Responsibility-
- The Associate Director of the Counseling/Student Development Center is responsible to the Director.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until filled.