Associate Director of Financial Aid (#425)
Summary of Duties
The Associate Director of Financial Aid assists the Director of Financial Aid in overseeing a comprehensive financial aid program consisting of institutional, federal, state and private funds exceeding $35 million annually. S/he assists in planning, organizing, directing and controlling the activities of the Financial Aid office. S/he must be knowledgeable about complex regulations, and possess the ability to explain these regulations to students and parents.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Work Experience Requirements:
A minimum of five years of comprehensive experience in higher education financial aid with supervisory and program administration duties or the equivalent in combined education and experience. Preference given for candidates with knowledge of the Federal Direct Loan Programs and experience in utilizing electronic data exchange with the U.S. Department of Education. Experience with current technologies in financial aid processing software along with federal and state processing databases desired.
- Serves as the primary financial aid administrator in the absence of the Director of Financial Aid
- Assumes responsibility for the administration of all federal and private student loan programs
- Assists the Financial Aid Director in supervision of staff which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution
- Supports all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with college, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations
- Able to research federal and state regulations and guidance and convey difficult concepts to all stakeholders
- Coordinate and implement disbursement of aid to student accounts
- Reconcile federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds
- Promotes awareness of student aid programs and financial literacy programs through presentations, correspondence, and social mdia
- Advises students and parents as well as on'off campus constituencies about financial aid opportunities, procedures, university policies and eligibility requirements for aid
- Participates in recruitment events on and off campus
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
How to Apply
A completed application must be on file in the Office of Human Resources.
Office of Human Resources
Liberal Arts Center 86
(Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)