Attendance is required for most classes and may even impact your grade for the course.
- Arrive to class on time and stay for the entire class.
- If you need to leave or miss a class, notify the professors in advance.
Participation in Class
- Expected & Encouraged
- Ask questions
- Assert your opinion
- Sit near the front of
class. This will help with comprehension.
- Introduce yourself to Professor after
- Tell them you are an international student.
- Mention any concerns you may have.
Attend Office Hours
- Weekly time set by the professor to work one-on-one with students.
- Use this time to ask more in-depth questions or for further clarification of topics.
- Using the ideas and words of another without citing the sources.
- You cannot claim you did not know that you were plagiarizing.
- Failing grade for the assignment or a failing grade for the entire semester may be given.
- 2nd will result in suspension from the university.
- 3rd will result in dismissal from the university.
- Do not copy the work of someone else.
- Cheating is a serious offense & not seen as “helping” another student.
- If you are unsure of what kind of “group work” is allowed, ask your professor.