Joseph A. Polizzi, Ph.D.
Dr. Polizzi has recently published the following:
- Polizzi, J.A. & San Clementi E. (2013 ) Films for a New Democratic Ethical Educational Leadership: Documentaries for use in the Educational Leadership Classroom” Journal of School Leadership, 23, 3.
- Polizzi, J., Vitone, J. & Pichaske, K. Documentary Photography and Documentary Films as Intercultural and Interdisciplinary Learning-35th Annual Fulbright Alumni Association Conference-Washington, DC October 4, 2013
- Polizzi J., Frick, W. Verisimilitude, Epistiphilia, Agnotology, Propaganda and Ethics and Documentary Film in the Education Curriculum-18th Annual Values and Ethics Conference-Oklahoma City, Oklahoma September 30, 2013
- Polizzi, J. Perry-Giblin, Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and Open Educational Resource (OER) and GNU/LINUX usage in Public School Districts in NEPA: financial, ethical and policy considerations. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma September 30, 2013
- Polizzi, J.A. Moral Visions-Where I Work-9th Annual Moral Literacy Colloquium, Rock Ethics Institute-The Pennsylvania State University. State College, PA. April 13&14, 2013 (invited)
- Polizzi, J.A. Perry-Giblin, A. (2013) Free and Open Source (FOSS) Open Educational Resource, (OER) GNU/LINUX usage in Public School Districts in North East Pennsylvania:Financial, Ethical and Policy Considerations. 6th Annual New DEEL Conference, Temple University, May 3 & 4 2013
Kerri J. Tobin, Ph.D.
Dr. Kerri Tobin’s Newest Publications
- Tobin, K. and Murphy, J. (2013). Addressing the problems of homeless children. Journal of Applied Research on Children.
Dr. Kerri Tobin presented:
- Tobin, K. (2013) Responding to the global financial crisis: Supporting students experiencing homelessness. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the New DEEL, Philadelphia, PA, May 2013.
- Bower, C. and Tobin, K. (2013) Social policy and the achievement gap: An international perspective. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Comparative and International Education Society, New Orleans, LA, April 2013.
Tonya Saddler, Ph.D.
Dr. Saddler's recent scholarly works:
- Saddler, T. N. & Kelly, E. (2013). Black Doctoral Students Intersections: Issues of
Race, Class, and Gender. In T. L. Strayhorn (Ed.), Living at the Intersections: Social Identities and Black Collegians. Information Age Publishing.
Professional Papers & Presentations:
- Barone-Pricci, E., Salvaterra, M., & Saddler, T.N. (2013, April). Impact of College Student Perceptions of the Learning Environment on Decisions to Engage in Academic Dishonesty. Paper presented (in a poster format) at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- Saddler, T. N., Omole, T., & Thompson, T. (2013, October). Socialization Through Internship: An examination of Graduate and Doctoral Students in Higher EducationAdministration. Paper presented at the 2013 Pennsylvania College Personnel Association (PCPA) Annual Conference, Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Valis, J., & Saddler, T.N. (2013, March). Socialization in Higher Education through the Internship Experience. Paper presented (in a poster format) at the 2013 ACPA Annual Convention, Las Vegas, NV.
- Saddler, T. N. (2013). A Class Divided, PBS Frontline documentary. Guest Speaker (post film remarks) delivered at The University of Scranton, Scranton, PA.
Tammy B.H. Brown, Ph.D.
- Brown, T.B.H. & DeMatteo, F.J.D. (2013). “Exploring changes in reader self-perceptions following culturally responsive literacy instruction”; Roundtable session at Literacy Research Association (LRA) Annual Conference, Dallas, TX (December 2013).
- Brown, T.B.H. (2013). “Students achieving success and inspiring excellence: A university, school, and community partnership”; Conversation session presented at the Teacher Education Division (TED) of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Annual Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (November 2013).
- Brown, T.B.H., & DeMatteo, F.J.D. (2013) "Literacies for New Technologies: The Teachers' View. Presented at the Association of Teacher Educators Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA (February, 2013).
- Brown, T.B.H. & DeMatteo, F.J.D. (2013). “Teacher attitudes and aptitudes as they work to utilize digital texts and tools in a blended learning environment”; Paper presented at Literacy Research Association (LRA) Annual Conference, Dallas, TX (December 2013).
- Nash-Ditzel, S. & Brown, T.H.B. (under contract). Digital Reading Logs (DRL): Using writing and technology to create a third space for academic literacy growth. In K. Pytash, R. Ferdig & T. Rasinski (Eds.), Technology and writing: New approaches to literacy. Bloomington, IN: Solution Tree.
Patricia S. Arter, Ed.D.
- DeMatteo, F.J., Arter, P.S., Campenni, E. & Brown, T. (2014, April). Cooperative teacher and university supervisor ratings: Comparing teacher candidates’ knowledge, skills and professional dispositions. Accepted for Presentation at American Education Research Association Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA (National).
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Williams, T., and Uppling, K. (2014, April). Transition: It Takes a Village. Accepted for Poster presentation at Council for Exceptional Children, Philadelphia, PA. (International).
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Williams, T., and Uppling, K. (2013, November). Transition: It Takes a Village. Presentation at the Teacher Education Division (TED) of Council for Exceptional Children, Fort Lauderdale, FL. (National).
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Williams, T., and Uppling, K. (2013, November). Bridging the Gap. Presentation at the Teacher Education Division (TED) of Council for Exceptional Children, Fort Lauderdale, FL. (National).
- NASP, Seattle WA, Feb. 2013: Families of Students with Autism: A Resource Based Tranisition program
Director of the Students On-Campus Achieving Results (SOAR):
Kathryn Clauss, IHM, Ph.D.
- Clauss, K.,Wakahiu, J., Salvaterra, M. (2013). Using technology to educate women religious in Africa.American International Journal of Social Science, 2(6), 29 - 37.
- Clauss, K., Ahmed, S. , & Salvaterra, M. (2013). The rise of Islamic schools in the United States.The Innovation Journal:The Public Sector Innovation Journal, 18,1, 1-13.
- Clauss, K., Ahmed, S., Salvaterra., (2014). The rise of Islamic schools in the United States. Presentation will take place at the 26th Annual Ethnographic and Qualitative Research Conference (EQRC), Las Vegas, NA February 10 – 11, 2014.
Christine L. Fryer, Ed.D.
- Gonzalez, M. & Fryer, C. (2012). From Our Classroom to their Classrooms: A community partnership toward quality early childhood intervention programming. Pennsylvania Teacher Educator.
- Learning Center Basics. Presented at Student Pennsylvania State Education Association Penn State, Pennsylvania (March, 2012)