- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Field Experience
- Teacher Certification
- News & Events
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Faculty & Staff
- New Teacher Support
- Alumni - Where Are They Now?
- Summer Science Camp
"At Marywood, I feel like I am a member of a community that truly does value lifelong learning."
Tammy B.H. Brown, Ph.D.
Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., & Brown, T.H. (2015). Additional preparation in meeting diverse needs: Does it make a difference? National Teacher Education Journal, 8(3), 29-36.
DeMatteo, F.J. & Brown, T.H. (2014). Teacher perceptions of new literacies. National Teacher Education Journal, 7(3), 31-36.
- DeMatteo, F.J., Arter, P.S., Campenni, E. & Brown, T. (2015, April). Comparing teacher candidates’ knowledge, skills and professional dispositions related to exceptional learners. Presentation at Council for Exceptional Children Convention and Expo, San Diego, CA. (International).
DeMatteo, F.J., Arter, P.S., Campenni, E. & Brown, T. (2014, April). Cooperative teacher and university supervisor ratings: Comparing teacher candidates’ knowledge, skills and professional dispositions. Presentation at American Education Research Association Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA (National).
Christine L. Fryer, Ed.D.
- Gonzalez, M. & Fryer, C. (2014). A collaborative initiative: STEM and universally designed curriculum for at-risk preschoolers. National Teacher Education Journal, vol. VII, Summer 2014. Blind, peer reviewed
- Incorporating Creative Problem Solving in Your Classroom: Using Odyssey of the Mind – (Invited to Present as Keynote Speaker) Presented at Student Pennsylvania State Association (PSEA) Conference at East Stroudsburg University, Pennsylvania., February 22, 2014
Technology Tips for Early Childhood Special, General, and Inclusive Classrooms - Co-presented with Michelle Gonzalez & Anna Wildmann (undergraduate student) at Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) National Conference in Austin, Texas, April, 2013
Joseph A. Polizzi, Ph.D.
Dr. Polizzi has recently published the following:
- Polizzi, J.A. (2015) Using the Arts to Make People Think and Remember Issues of Global Sustenance. In Gross, S. & Shapiro, J. Democratic Ethical Educational Leadership; reclaiming school reform. London and New York. Routledge
- Polizzi, J.A. & Murphy, M. Redesigning a Principal Certification Project with a Foundational Emphasis on Ethical Decision Making. 20th Annual CSLEE Values and Leadership Conference, The Pennsylvania State University, October 17, 2015
- Polizzi, J. & Davis, R. Democratic Ethical Educational Leadership in Africa. 7th Annual New Deel Conference, Temple University April 1, 2015
Patricia S. Arter, Ed.D.
DeMatteo, F., & Arter, P.S.(2015). When job skills are not enough: Transitioning young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Electronic Journal of For Inclusive Education, 3,3.
Recent Conference Presentations:
- DeMatteo, F.J., Arter, P.S., Brown, T., & Campenni, E. (2015, April). Comparing teacher candidates' knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions related to exceptional learners. Accepted for presentation at the International Council for Exceptional Children Convention and Expo, San Diego, CA.
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Brown, T. & Szilagyi, V. (2014, October). Comparing teacher candidates' knowlege, skills and professional dispositions: Cooperative teacher and university supervisor ratings.Presented at the Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators Teacher Education Assembly, Harrisburg, PA.