Christine L. Fryer
- Gonzalez, M. & Fryer, C. (2012). From Our Classroom to their Classrooms: A community partnership toward quality early childhood intervention programming. Pennsylvania Teacher Educator.
- Learning Center Basics. Presented at Student Pennsylvania State Education Association
Penn State, Pennsylvania (March, 2012)
Kerri J. Tobin, Ph.D.
Dr. Kerri Tobin’s Newest Publications
- Tobin, K. and Murphy, J. (2013). Addressing the problems of homeless children. Journal of Applied Research on Children.
- Tobin, K. (2012). Control of teacher certification in the United States. Peabody Journal of Education, 87(4), 485-499.
- Murphy, J. and Tobin, K. (2012) Addressing the needs of homeless adolescents. Journal of School Leadership, 22(3), 633-661.
Dr. Kerri Tobin presented:
- Tobin, K. (2013) Responding to the global financial crisis: Supporting students experiencing homelessness. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the New DEEL, Philadelphia, PA, May 2013.
- Bower, C. and Tobin, K. (2013) Social policy and the achievement gap: An international perspective. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Comparative and International Education Society, New Orleans, LA, April 2013.
- Tobin, K. (2012) Homelessness and academic achievement: Evidence from a large urban district.Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the American Educational ResearchAssociation, Vancouver, Canada, April 2012.
Tammy B.H. Brown, Ph.D.
Dr. Brown and colleagues also had the following articles published recently :
- Nash-Ditzel, S. & Brown, T. (2012). Freedoms in the classroom: Cultivating a successful Third Space for literacy growth. Language and Literacy, 14(3), 95-111.
- Nash-Ditzel, S., Brown, T., & Jacob, D. (2012). Curricular inequity in literacy. National Teacher Education Journal, 5(4), 25-36.
- Brown, T.B.H., & DeMatteo, F.J.D. (2013) "Literacies for New Technologies: The Teachers' View. Presented at the Association of Teacher Educators Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA (February, 2013).
- “Students Achieving Success and Inspiring Excellence (SASIE): A University, School, and Community Partnership." Roundtable at Association of Teacher Educators Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX (February 2012)“
- Brown, T.B.H., DeMatteo, F.J., O'Byrne, I., Nash Ditzel, S. (2012). "Building Capacity to Utilize Digital Texts and Tools in a Blended Learning Environment". Presented at Literacy Research Association Annual Conference, San Diego, CA (December, 2012)
- Nash-Ditzel, S., Brown, T.B.H., Jacob, D. (2012). "Curriculum Inequity in Literacy". Presented at Literacy Research Association Annual Conference, San Diego, CA (Decemeber 2012).
Kathryn Clauss, IHM, Ph.D.
- Clauss, K., Ahmed, S. , & Salvaterra, M. (2013). The rise of Islamic schools in the United States.The Innovation Journal:The Public Sector Innovation Journal, 18,1, 1-13.
Tonya Saddler, Ph.D.
Dr. Saddler's recent scholarly works:
- Saddler, T.N. & Valis, J. (2012, April). Socialization to Higher Education Administrative Roles: A Qualitative Exploration of the Intersnship in Higher Education Experience in Preparing Master's and Doctoral Students for Careers in Higher Education. Paper accepted for presentation at the Fourth Annual Northeastern Pennsylvania Faculty Symposium, Scranton, PA.
Joseph A. Polizzi, Ph.D.
Dr. Polizzi has recently published the following:
- Polizzi, J.A. & San Clementi E. (2013 ) Films for a New Democratic Ethical Educational Leadership: Documentaries for use in the Educational Leadership Classroom” Journal of School Leadership, 23, 3.
- Book Chapter: Polizzi, J.A., & San Clementi, E. (2012) Using Documentary Film to Teach Social Justice and Global Awareness in Educational Leadership. In Aiken, J. & Gerstl-Pepin, C. Eds. Defining Social Justice in a Global Context: The Changing Face of Educational Leadership (Chapter 10). Charlotte, Information Age Publishing
- Polizzi, J.A. Moral Visions-Where I Work-9th Annual Moral Literacy Colloquium, Rock Ethics Institute-The Pennsylvania State University. State College, PA. April 13&14, 2013 (invited)
- Polizzi, J.A. Perry-Giblin, A. (2013) Free and Open Source (FOSS) Open Educational Resource, (OER) GNU/LINUX usage in Public School Districts in North East Pennsylvania:Financial, Ethical and Policy Considerations. 6th Annual New DEEL Conference, Temple University, May3&4 2013
- Polizzi, J.A. Gross, S. Shapiro, J. Israel, M. (2012) New DEELville Faces the Common Core: An Ethical Dilemma. 26th Annual UCEA Conference, Denver, Colorado. November 2012
Patricia S. Arter, Ed.D.
Dr. Arter and colleagues published the following:
- DeMatteo, F.J., Arter, P.S., Sworen-Parise, C., Fasciana, M., & Paulhamus, M. (2012). Social skills training for young adults with autism spectrum disorder:Overview and implications for practice. National Teacher Education Journal, 5, 4.
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Paulhamus, M., & Reese, A. (2012). Bridging the gap: An interdisciplinary experiential model between school psychology and special education. Pennsylvania Teacher Educator,11,51-58.
- King-Sears, P. Carran, D., Dammann, S. & Arter. P.S. (2012). Multi-Site analyses of student teachers' skill ratings for working with students with disabilities. Teacher Education Quarterly, 39, 2, 131-149.
- NASP, Seattle WA, Feb. 2013: Families of Students with Autism: A Resource Based Tranisition program
- PACEC, Harrisburg, Nov. 2012: Transition: It Takes a Village
- PAC-TE, Harrisburg, Oct 2012: Bridging the Gap: An Interdisciplinary, Experiential Model Between School Psychology and Special Education