I need help with lesson planning. Where can I find that?

Check out our Discussions page and read the threads under “Lesson Planning.”  You can log in and post a question of your own, to be answered by other new teachers, veteran teachers, and teacher education faculty from Marywood.  You can also check out the “Resources” page for books and articles that may be helpful to you in planning high-impact lessons for your students.

I haven’t found a job yet. Where can I look?

Many districts in PA have websites that list openings.  If you are interested in specific districts, their websites are the place(s) to start.  Here is one website listing vacancies all over the state: http://www.teachinginpa.com/

Because there are many areas where teaching positions are in short supply, however, you may want to consider expanding your search to other parts of the country.  If you need help finding job listings in other areas, contact Dr. Kerri Tobin at ktobin@marywood.edu for guidance.

Where can I find information about my certification status?

Click over to our links page to find links to PA, NJ, or NY state certification information.

How can I get my students to behave?

You can check out our “Classroom Management” suggestions on the links page.  You can also click over to  Discussions and browse through the Classroom Management discussion forum.  If you don’t find anything helpful, you can log in (with your Facebook, Google, Wordpress, etc. information) and post your own question.  Other participants in the discussion are new teachers like yourself, Marywood alumni who are veteran teachers in the NEPA area, and Marywood faculty.  

What’s going on with Act 48 credits?

As far as anyone knows right now, there is a moratorium on Act 48 until June 30, 2013.  This means you can continue to teach without obtaining any more Act 48 credits.  While we do not know what the future holds for Act 48, it is a good idea for you to keep current on this.  Check out the FAQs on Act 48 here

I have another question that wasn’t answered here. Who do I contact?

Email Dr. Kerri Tobin at ktobin@marywood.edu for help.