Marywood offers a diverse array of graduate degrees in education. All of them incorporate the latest research-based theories on teaching and learning. At Marywood, you can expect to make connections with area schools and take advantage of state-of-the-art facilities for library research.
- M.A. in Teaching with Pk-4 Certification or with Pk-4 and Special Education Certification
- M.A. in Teaching with Secondary or PK-12 Education Certification
- M.S. in Reading Education
- M.S. in Special Education
Educational Leadership Degrees
- M.S. in Higher Education Administration
- M.S. in School Leadership with Principal Certification
- M.S. in Administration and Supervision of Special Education
Secondary Certifications (non-degree)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) (PK-12) Endorsement
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (PK-12) Endorsement
Advanced programs challenge faculty and candidates to be leaders in the educational community, integrate knowledge and action, be thoughtful consumers and producers of scholarship and research, be proactive instruments of change and innovation and reflective practitioners committed to the development of student potential. They are expected to communicate effectively with all constituents in response to ambiguity and diversity in a technological, global community.
To prepare candidates in advanced certification programs to realize the vision presented in the conceptual framework, we seek to develop the following competencies.
The advanced program candidates will:
- Develop skills to be a leader.
- Integrate knowledge and action.
- Produce scholarship and research.
- Be reflective practitioners.
- Communicate effectively.