“Marywood University provided me with a strong, well-rounded education, that helped prepare me for life both in and out of the classroom. I will forever cherish the memories and friends that I made, and am truly grateful for all of the opportunities I had during my time at Marywood.”
To complete a field placement, students are required to have four current clearances on file:
- Act 34, Child Abuse
- Act 151, Criminal Record Check
- FBI Fingerprinting
- Negative TB Test
All forms can be obtained from the PA department website and can also be found outside the Field Office, Room 2011.
- To begin the process, pre-register online with the Cogent Application Fingerprint Registration System for Pennsylvania.
- Fingerprinting costs $27.00.
- Register: Dept. of Education, NOT Welfare.
- Payment can be made online by major credit card, or by money order at the time prints are taken.
- Print the online confirmation and take it to one of the addresses below.
- Be sure to bring a photo ID.
- The Field Office needs the copy you recieve in the mail.
1200 Line St.
The UPS Store
201 S. Blakely St.
100 River St.
*See website above for hours and other PA locations.
Child Abuse Clearance (Act 34)
- Can be done online at www.compass.state.pa.us.CWIS.
- If not done online, print the form from the Pennsylvania Department of Education web site. It must be mailed to the address on the application. Requires an $8 money order.
Criminal Record Check (Act 151)
- This process is available online through the Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History or it can be completed by mail.
- Requires an $8 fee.
- If completed online, print the confirmation of the clearance.
Mantoux Tine (TB) Test
- This test is required for all placements.
- Written record of a negative reading must be on file.
- Contact Student Health Services to make an appointment, or contact your primary care physician.
- All originals of clearances must be on file in the field office PRIOR to going out in the field.
- A copy of your clearances is to be taken to all placements.
- All four clearances must be renewed each year.
- A current FBI fingerprinting will be valid as long as a student is continuously enrolled in the Education Department, unless a school district requires otherwise.
- ** Act 24- additional clearance form required. This form is available on the Field Office Moodle site or the PA Dept. of Ed. website. The form must be printed, read, signed, and turned into the Field Office.