Field Clearance Information
Anyone working with or observing children in public and private schools, IUs, and vocational-technical schools are required to provide proof of clearances in accordance with the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
To complete a field placement, the following four current clearances must be on file in the Field Office:
- FBI Federal Criminal History Record (Fingerprinting)
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check (ACT 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (ACT 151)
- Negative TB Test
Plan to apply for clearances at least 2 months prior to needing them for field experiences. Bring your current clearances to Ms. Linda Skierski, 2011 McGowan Building. If you are unsure if your clearances are current, please call the Field Office at 570-348-6254. All originals of clearances must be on file in the Field Office PRIOR to going out in the field.
FBI Federal Criminal History Record (Fingerprinting)
- Applicants must get fingerprinted for an FBI background check.
- Applicants must register prior to going to the fingerprint site. Walk in service without prior registration will not be provided at any location.
- Register online at https://uenroll.identogo.com. Payment can be made with a credit card, debit card, or money order payable to MorphoTrust. Service Code to register is 1KG6RT. Register under Pennsylvania Department of Education (fingerprints obtained under any other agency cannot be accepted).
- Fingerprints can be taken at:
1200 Line Street
Open: Mon.-Fri. 8:30-3:30
718 S. State Street
Clarks Summit, PA
Open: Mon.-Fri. 8:20-5:00
Identification is required
- The Field Office needs the UEID#.