Patricia S. Arter, Ed.D.email@example.com
570-348-6211 ext 2511
Professor , 2011. Director of Students On-Campus Achieving Results (SOAR) program 2005;
Ed.D., John Hopkins University, 2005.
Universal design for learning, curriculum adaptation for the special needs learner, transition for young adults with autism
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Gonzalez, M., & Brown, T. (2016). Technology enhanced mentorship to improve instruction and reflection for teacher candidates. Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2016 (pp.1622-1625). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). http://www.learntechlib.org/fromc/48309
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., & Brown, T.H. (2015). Additional preparation in meeting diverse needs: Does it make a difference? National Teacher Education Journal, 8, 3.
- DeMatteo, F.J. & Arter, P.S. (2015). When job skills are not enough: Transitioning young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Electronic Journal for Inclusive Education, 3, 3. http://corescholar.libraries.wright.edu/ejie/
- DeMatteo, F., & Arter, P.S.(2015). When job skills are not enough: Transitioning young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Electronic Journal of For Inclusive Education, 3,3. http://corescholar.libraries.wright.edu/ejie/vol3/iss3/6/
Recent Conference Presentations:
- Arter, P.S., & DeMatteo, F.J. (2016, October). Where are the now? Successes and challenges of students with autism spectrum disorder post graduation. Accepted for poster presentation at Division of Career Development and Transition, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Arter, P.S., & DeMatteo, F.J. (2016, April). Where are they now? Successes and challenges of students with autism spectrum disorder post graduation. Presentation at Council for Exceptional Convention and Expo, St. Louis, MO.
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Gonzalez, M., & Brown, T. (2016, March). Technology enhanced mentorship to improve instruction and reflection for teacher candidates. Roundtable presentation at Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education Conference, Savannah, GA
- DeMatteo, F.J., Arter, P.S., Brown, T., & Campenni, E. (2015, April). Comparing teacher candidates' knowledge, skills, and professional dispositions related to exceptional learners. Accepted for presentation at the International Council for Exceptional Children Convention and Expo, San Diego, CA.
- Arter, P.S., DeMatteo, F.J., Brown, T. & Szilagyi, V. (2014, October). Comparing teacher candidates' knowlege, skills and professional dispositions: Cooperative teacher and university supervisor ratings.Presented at the Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators Teacher Education Assembly, Harrisburg, PA.