- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Field Experience
- Teacher Certification
- News & Events
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Faculty & Staff
- New Teacher Support
- Alumni - Where Are They Now?
- Summer Science Camp
Pennsylvania State Education Association (PSEA)
PSEA is a statewide organization which gives education students the opportunity to connect and network with other education students. PSEA is dedicated to service, driven towards working with the youth in Scranton and surrounding areas. Any education major in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education can enroll in PSEA through the PSEA website. Students can expect to meet twice a month; along with other organizations on campus, Kappa Delta Pi and Student Council for Exceptional Children; to plan events and discuss pertinent information within the department.
The PSEA aims to provide educational and social experiences of both a formal nature encompassing Marywood and the broader educational community.
The goals of the club include:
- Develop in the future educator an understanding of and appreciation for the education profession and the role of the professional education association
- Forward the aims of quality education
- Stimulate the highest ideals of professional ethics, standards, attitudes, and preparation
- Incorporate the various branches of the Marywood Education Department into one functioning body
- Function in a liaison capacity with the Marywood Education Department
- Perform and support University service activities that promote educational experiences
President: Jenna Oppedisano
Vice President: Patricia Joyce
Treasurer: Rachel Wargo
Secretary/ Professional Development Points Collector: Katie Chowanec
Faculty Moderator: Mrs. Chris Fryer (firstname.lastname@example.org) (248-6211, ext. 2138).