March 12-16, 2013
Drop off locations: Dorms, Nazareth Student Center, McGowan, and in the LAC Rotunda
The Diversity Office will be holding a Book Drive for "Books For Africa" From March 12th-26th. Books For Africa is an organization that collects, sorts, ships, and distributes books to children in Africa. Books can range anywhere from your old college courses to books appropriate for pre-school through the high school levels. There will be drop off locations in each of the dorm buildings, Nazareth Student Center, McGowan, and in the LAC Rotunda. If you would like more information on the "Books for Africa" organization please visit their website at www.booksforafrica.org. All books donated will help end the book famine in Africa.
Books For Africa accepts:
- 15 years old or newer popular fiction and nonfiction reading books (soft and hard cover).
- 1998 or newer publish date primary, secondary, and college textbooks (soft and hard cover).
- 2003 or newer reference books such as encyclopedias and dictionaries.
- 1998 or newer publish date medical, nursing, IT, and law books.
- Bibles are sent when requested by African recipients. We will accept Bibles or religious books, please place them in a box separate from other donations and mark the box as “Religious texts.”
- School/office supplies—paper, pencils, pens, wall charts, maps, etc.
Acceptable books are gently used and relevant to an African reader.
Books For Africa does NOT accept:
- Magazines or journals of any kind, including academic journals.
- Home decorating or wedding books.
- Ethnocentric books, such as the biography of Abraham Lincoln or the history of Ohio.
- Foreign language books except for French books. French novels and dictionaries are welcome.
- American history or civics.
- Music books for K–12.
- Murder mysteries or anything with “kill,” “die,” “murder,” etc. in the title.