Technology Advisory Committee (TAC)
Purpose & Function
The Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) is the primary institutional planning group for the acquisition and maintenance of information technologies and systems throughout Marywood University. Core systems, which fall under the TAC, include: the integrated campus network and infrastructure; campus-wide information resources; academic and instructional computing. Smaller ad hoc work groups may be convened to explore specific issues, and group findings are presented to the TAC as a whole.
The Committee advises the President’s Cabinet and is comprised of administrative, faculty members and student representatives. Primary responsibilities include:
- To develop long-range plans for maintaining and updating information technology systems, with an annual recommendation.
- To advise on the feasibility and appropriateness of acquiring new technology and systems.
- To examine cost and personnel issues, relating to current and proposed information technology systems and operations.
- To plan for the integration of externally funded resources with existing systems and operations.
- To examine information technology training for the Marywood community.
The TAC provides the framework to help ensure that proposed information technology systems and operations meet the following criteria:
- The project supports the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Compliance and control processes are fully mapped out.
- Potential risks are identified and mitigated.
- All constituencies affected by the project are identified and notified.
- Pertinent replacement and/or extended warranty plans are explored.
- Appropriate user training documents and modules are developed.
Information Technology (IT) Director (Chair with vote only in the event of a tie)
Assistant Vice President for Buildings and Grounds
Associate Director of Educational Technology
Director of Library Services
IT Department representative
Graduate Student Council Representative
Undergraduate Student Government Representative
Faculty Senate President
Faculty representative; member-at large
The Dean, IT department and faculty at large representatives are appointed by their respective Vice President/Provost.
Other TAC members are in elected positions and/or are current Marywood University employees or students. The Election Committee for University Standing Committees will conduct the election for these positions.
The undergraduate student is appointed by the Executive Board of the Student Government Association in consultation with the Vice President for Enrollment Services and Student Success.
The graduate student is appointed by the President of the Graduate Student Council in consultation with the Vice President for Enrollment Services and Student Success.
Dean- three years with possibility of reappointment.
Faculty at large - three years with possibility of reappointment.
Elected and appointed representatives serve for three years with possibility of reelection or reappointment for one consecutive term. Eligibility is effective again after a hiatus of one year.
Students - one year with possibility of reappointment.
Meetings are held at least four times a year, two in the fall semester and two in the spring semester. Additional meetings may be called as necessary.
Vice President for Business Affairs and Treasurer
10/25/18 – The SRA Report: Final, 29 November 2016, recommended merging two University Standing Committees, the Academic Computing Advisory Committee and the Technology Advisory Committee, resulting in the committee known as the Technology Advisory Committee (TAC). The President of the University approved the merger as recommended by the Policy Committee of the University.