The Undergraduate Honors Program Board meets with the Director of Honors and Fellowships
- to promote the identification of potential honors students,
- to provide experiences for honors students that will enhance their opportunities after graduation,
- to link faculty and students for mentoring and collaborative research,
- to oversee and develop the honors degree program,
- to select membership in the Kappa Gamma Pi honor society,
- to select recipient of the Kappa Gamma Pi medal for excellence.
Director of Honors and Fellowships (Chair)
One full time faculty member from each college
Dean of Students
One representative of the Registrar's Office
One representative of the Undergraduate Admissions Office
One honors student from each of the sophomore, junior and senior classes
Faculty are appointed by their respective deans.
Representative of the Registrar's Office is appointed by the Registrar
Representative of the Undergraduate Admissions Office is appointed by the Director of Admissions
Students are appointed by the Undergraduate Honors Program Board.
Faculty - three years with possibility of reappointment
Other appointments - one year with possibility of reappointment
Meetings are held at least three times per year.
Student representatives do not participate in the selection of Kappa Gamma Pi membership and medallist.
Vice President for Academic AffairsHistory:
11/25/02 - Revision approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
05/06/08 - Title change to Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
07/01/11 - Title change to Vice President for Academic Affairs.
07/01/12 - Title change of Committee to Undergraduate Honors Program Board approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Mary T. Gardier Paterson, Esquire | Secretary of the University | email@example.com