Outcomes Assessment CommitteePurpose & Function:
The Outcomes Assessment Committee serves as the campus coordinating body for outcomes assessment activities with oversight responsibility for the outcomes assessment plan.
The committee’s recommendations to the Provost are based on
The Outcomes Assessment Committee will:
- Assist departments and academic and support programs to develop and improve plans for assessment.
- Collect and review assessment reports from departments and academic and support programs and provide feedback.
- Prepare an annual report for the President’s Council that includes a summary of assessment activities conducted throughout the university.
- Make recommendations to the Provost and/or appropriate Vice President concerning outcomes assessment and effective integration/linkage of outcomes assessment with strategic planning, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Communicate broadly the University’s assessment program – its goals, accomplishments, and use of results for enhancement of learning and institutional improvement.
- In consultation with the Center for the Transformation of Teaching and Learning, provide support, workshops, and consultation with faculty and program leaders regarding learning outcomes assessment.
The Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness will continue to support each academic and administrative unit’s efforts to develop and evaluate outcomes and to disseminate results of institutional assessments, such as the National Survey of Student Engagement, the HERI Freshman Survey, the HERI Senior Survey, and the Ruffalo Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory.
Membership & Selection:
- Assistant Provost (Chair)
- Assessment Coordination and Communication Specialist
- Vice President for Enrollment Services and Student Success
- All Academic Deans
- One full-time faculty member from each college
- Two at-large faculty members
- Two other representatives of the Enrollment Services and Student Success area
- One representative of the University Advancement area
- One representative of the Business Affairs area
Faculty members are appointed by the deans of their respective colleges.
At-large faculty members are appointed by the Provost.
Staff representatives are appointed by the vice presidents of their respective areas.Term:
Appointed representatives – three years with
At-large faculty appointments – one year term with
Meetings are held at least twice a year.Reports To:
Provost through Assistant ProvostHistory:
11/05/02 - Revision approved by the President of the University.
07/08/05 - Title changed from Assistant to the President for Planning and Research to Chief Planning and Research Officer.
08/31/05 - Titles changed to Associate Vice President for
09/29/05 - Associate Director of Institutional Research added to the membership.
08/10/06 - The President of the University changed the membership to include the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment in place of the Chief Planning Officer.
06/30/07 - Membership reduced by one, the Dean of the School of Continuing Education.
03/01/08 - Title changed from Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs to Vice President for Enrollment Management.
05/23/12 - Title changed from Director of Institutional Research and Assessment to Director of Planning and Institutional Research.
07/01/12 - Membership revision approved by the President of the University to add the positions of Vice President for Academic Affairs, Director of Assessment and Faculty At-Large to the membership.
07/01/13 - Title changed from Director of Assessment to Director of Learning Outcomes Assessment and Accreditation.
09/27/13 - Membership revision approved by the President of the University to add an additional
10/23/13 - Membership revision approved by the President of the University to add the position of Director of the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies.
08/01/14 - Title changed from Director of Learning Outcomes Assessment and Accreditation to Associate Vice President for Planning and Institutional Effectiveness; title changed from Director of Planning and Institutional Research to Senior Director for Institutional Research; title changed from Vice President for Student Life to Vice President for Enrollment Services and Student Success;remove position of Vice President for
05/11/18 Revisions approved by the President of the University as recommended by the President of the University.