Mission Integration Committee
Purpose & Function
The Mission Integration Committee assists the Marywood community to create a mission-driven environment by
- promoting integration of the Marywood mission and core values into the everyday life of the University;
- providing ongoing mission-related orientation to administrators, faculty and staff members, and students;
- participating in orientation of new hires to the mission and core values of the University;
- immersing the Marywood community in the heritage and mission of the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary;
- assisting administrators, faculty and staff members in nurturing, advancing, and passing on the legacy of the founding Sisters of IHM to future generations;
- assisting in developing leaders who will carry forward the Catholic identity, mission and values of Marywood.
Position Titles of Members on this USC
The Committee consists of not fewer than ten persons from the Marywood University Community. The membership is made up of at least one representative of every presidential and vice presidential area and should include
- at least one representative of the full-time Faculty;
- at least one representative of the Administrative or Professional Staff;
- at least one representative of the Support Staff;
- at least one representative of each college;
- at least one member of the IHM Congregation serving at the University;
- at least one student.
Method of Selection of Members
Representatives are appointed by the Chair of the Committee with the approval of their respective vice presidents.
Selection of Chair and Vice or Co-Chair
The Chair and the Vice Chair are appointed by the President of the University.
Students - one year with possibility of reappointment for one additional consecutive term. Eligibility is effective again after a hiatus of one year.
Other representatives - three years with possibility of reappointment for one additional consecutive term. Eligibility is effective again after a hiatus of one year.
The terms of the Chair and the Vice Chair are for three years with the possibility of reappointment.
Meetings are called by the Chair at least three times a year.
Documentation Requirements for this University Standing Committee
As provided in the University Standing Committee Policy, the Chair(s) of this University Standing Committee, in collaboration with the Office of the Secretary of the University and General Counsel, must provide the following documentation at the end of each Academic Year:
Annual Report: ☒Yes ☐ No
Minutes of Meetings: ☒Yes ☐ No
President of the University
03/20/09 - Established by the President of the University as recommended by the Policy Committee of the University.
11/02/20 – Deleted the word “school” from the sentence “at least one representative of each college and school” to align with the recent restructuring of the colleges.
08/27/21 – Terms for students and other representatives were clarified and the Documentation Requirements Section was added, as reviewed and approved by the Chair of this USC.