Faculty Development Committee
Purpose & Function:
Faculty development is a broad term describing any of the various activities carried out by faculty for their personal and professional enrichment. Certain of these activities may be financially supported by Marywood University.
The major responsibilities of the committee are
- to advise, if requested, in the design or renewal of individual faculty development Profiles, Plans, and Proposals;
- to accept or reject individual faculty development Plans on the basis of established objective criteria;
- to make recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs on individual faculty Proposals;
- to make recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs on departmental and University-wide Proposals for faculty development money;
- to maintain sufficient records to make possible a thorough evaluation of the program;
- to do ongoing evaluation and updating of Faculty Development Committee policies and procedures;
- to submit an annual report of the program to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, copied to the President of the University;
- to plan and conduct faculty workshops on aspects of the program;
- to make recommendations to the President of the University, copied to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, on requests for sabbatical leaves and on other presidential faculty development initiatives.
Membership & Selection:
One full-time faculty member from each college and the School of Architecture
Two full-time faculty members at large
Faculty development Plans and Proposals are voted upon by the faculty members of the committee and the Dean of the applicant's college.
Faculty - three years, eligibility for election limited to one additional three-year term
Meetings are held at the call of the Chair.
Vice President for Academic Affairs
01/21/03 - Revision approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs
05/06/08 - Title changed to Provost and Vice Preisdent for Academic Affairs
07/01/11 - Title changed to Vice President for Academic Affairs
07/01/12 - Revision approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs to include a representative from the School of Architecture