Academic Computing Advisory Committee
Purpose & Function
The committee is the major vehicle for faculty involvement in planning for the diverse applications of computer technology across the campus. It advises the Vice President for Academic Affairs as well as the Directory of Information Technology by
- encouraging faculty self-development and awareness of the role of computer technology in higher education;
- evaluating and recommending proposals for development of computer resources;
- encouraging the purchase of compatible hardware and software solutions to meet the academic computer needs of faculty and students in a cost-effective manner;
- supporting faculty members throughout the grant writing and award process to select appropriate computer hardware and software and to ensure the researcher's technology requirements are fully met;
- examining associated legal issues, e.g., those related to intellectual property.
Chair of the Committee
Director of Library Services
Director of User Support Services
Manager of Academic Computing
Directory of Information Technology
One full-time faculty member from each college
Two full-time faculty members at large
Chair of the Committee is appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Faculty members are appointed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Chair of the Committee - three years with possibility of reappointment.
Faculty - three years with possibility of reappointment.
Meetings are held at least twice a year.
02/26/03 - Revision approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs
04/16/08 – Change made to reflect that Coordinator of Instructional Technology Services and Coordinator of Distance Education were combined with the title Coordinator of Media and Distance Education
05/02/08 - Change made to title Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
05/06/08 - Change made to title Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs for Technology
05/14/09 - Revision approved by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
03/22/10 - Title changed from Technical Director to Chief Information Officer
07/01/11 - Title changed to Vice President for Academic Affairs
11/21/11 - Title changed from Director of Library Services to Assistant Vice President for Library Services
07/01/12 - Title changed from Assistant Vice President for Library Services to Director of Library Services