Superintendent Letter of Eligibility
- For teachers/administrators with 6 years experience
- Field-based internship
- PDE, NCATE, Middle States Accreditations
- Apply credits towards Ph.D.
The Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility will endorse an individual for appointment as a district superintendent or an assistant superintendent.
More About This Degree
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies includes a broad range of teaching, clinical and research equipment in support of its graduate training mission. The facility includes multimedia classrooms and a curriculum lab with excellent resources for students, including an Ellison machine, a laminator, and computer facilities.
Specific Program Requirements
Candidates for this post-masters certification shall:
- Follow normal application procedures for admission to graduate programs, indicating desire to seek this certification. Candidates must possess a 3.0 average in all prior graduate work.
- Successfully complete an interview after six credits prior to formal admission
- Successfully complete a minimum of eighteen semester hours
At the point of admission/acceptance, the Chair of the Education Department and the Office of Certification will determine if the candidate has met all competencies as outlined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If it is determined that a candidate is lacking in an area typically part of the first administrative endorsement (principalship), more than eighteen hours may be required.
Likewise, if a candidate has fulfilled some of the courses required for the Letter of Eligibility certification, the courses will not be repeated. As with all certifications, fifty percent of required courses must be taken at Marywood.
Candidates for the Superintendent Letter of Eligibility must provide evidence of six years of teaching or other professionally certificated experience, three years of which shall have been in supervisory or administrative positions.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation