Special Education Supervisor
- For school professionals with 5 years experience
- Practicum includes 300 hours administrative experience
- PDE, NCATE, Middle States accreditations
More About This Degree
Tonya Saddler, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Education
Bernice P. Lukus
Co-Chairperson of Education Department
Clinical Instructor Special Education Program
Christine L. Fryer, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor, Education Department
Joseph A. Polizzi, Ph.D.
Chairperson of Education Department
Associate Professor of Education and Educational Leadership
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies includes a broad range of teaching, clinical and research equipment in support of its graduate training mission. The facility includes multimedia classrooms and a curriculum lab with excellent resources for students, including an Ellison machine, a laminator, and computer facilities.
I opened a brand new Planet Fitness location as General Manager.
After graduating from Marywood in 2011 with a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science/Physical Activity, I immediately entered the professional fitness world as a personal trainer and fitness instructor at Planet Fitness in the Philadelphia area. Shortly thereafter, I was offered a chance to open a brand new Planet Fitness location as General Manager.
Opening a new location from the ground up was a difficult and time consuming task. However, my four years at Marywood gave me the tools and confidence I needed to tackle this challenge. The education I received in the classroom provided me with the knowledge needed to train clients and effectively manage a fitness club. Being a four-year member of Marywood’s Lacrosse team has also taught me great leadership and interpersonal skills which are applied daily, and will continue to help me as my career grows.
Wherever my career takes me, whether it is in fitness club ownership, or personal training, I know that everything I learned at Marywood will be with me every step of the way.
Specific Program Requirements
Candidates for this post-master's certification shall:
- Follow normal application procedures for admission to graduate programs, indicating desire to seek this certification. Candidates must possess a 3.0 average in all prior graduate work,
- Successfully complete an interview after 6 credits if the Master's degree was not awarded at Marywood University,
- Successfully complete a minimum of eighteen semester hours including a practicum
- Issuance of the Supervisory certificate requires a minimum five years of professional school experience on a valid Special Education teaching certificate.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation