Special Education Supervisor
- For school professionals with 5 years experience
- Practicum includes 300 hours administrative experience
- PDE, NCATE, Middle States accreditations
More About This Degree
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies includes a broad range of teaching, clinical and research equipment in support of its graduate training mission. The facility includes multimedia classrooms and a curriculum lab with excellent resources for students, including an Ellison machine, a laminator, and computer facilities.
The Student Activities Office is my home away from home!
Major: Special Education and Early Childhood Education
Hometown: Hawthorne, New Jersey
Activities on campus: Admissions Ambassador, Education Club, Tutor, SAC Squad, Student Activities Intern, Service Chair for Zeta Phi Delta, & Team Leader for Campus Ministry Alternative Breaks
Favorite Marywood moment: My favorite Marywood moment is a tie between winning Homecoming Court last year, joining Zeta Phi Delta, and presenting at the National Association for Campus Activities Conference.
Favorite place on campus: My favorite place on campus is Nazareth Hall. Our dining hall is there as well as the Fireplace Lounge and Latour Room, where I get to put on amazing Student Activities events. The SAC office is in Nazareth Hall as well, and that's become my home away from home.
Favorite thing about being an Ambassador: My favorite thing about being an ambassador is getting to share all of my favorite things about Marywood with prospective families and students.
Fun fact: I swam with sea turtles.
Have a question for Lisa? Send her an email.+structureName:AdmissionsProfiles +live:true +working:true +AdmissionsProfiles.department:Education
Specific Program Requirements
Candidates for this post-master's certification shall:
- Follow normal application procedures for admission to graduate programs, indicating desire to seek this certification. Candidates must possess a 3.0 average in all prior graduate work,
- Successfully complete an interview after 6 credits if the Master's degree was not awarded at Marywood University,
- Successfully complete a minimum of eighteen semester hours including a practicum
- Issuance of the Supervisory certificate requires a minimum five years of professional school experience on a valid Special Education teaching certificate.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation