Supervisor of Pupil Personnel
- For teachers with 5 years experience
- Supervisory internship
- PDE, NCATE, Middle States accreditations
Issuance of the Principal K-12 certificate requires five years satisfactory experience on any Instructional or Educational Specialist certificate.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education requires that certain criteria be met prior to acceptance into certification or degree programs. Please contact Marywood's Education Department to learn more about these specifications.
More About This Degree
- Learn more about this program or visit the Education website.
- College: Reap College of Education & Human Development
- Courses: Available courses in this department
- 21 Credit Hours Required
- This program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Patricia S. Arter, Ed.D.
Director of Students On-Campus Achieving Results (SOAR) program
Tonya Saddler, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Education
Tammy B.H. Brown, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Graduate Reading Department and ESL Program
Joseph A. Polizzi, Ph.D.
Chairperson of Education Department
Associate Professor of Education and Educational Leadership
The McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies includes a broad range of teaching, clinical and research equipment in support of its graduate training mission. The facility includes multimedia classrooms and a curriculum lab with excellent resources for students, including an Ellison machine, a laminator, and computer facilities.
I opened a brand new Planet Fitness location as General Manager.
After graduating from Marywood in 2011 with a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science/Physical Activity, I immediately entered the professional fitness world as a personal trainer and fitness instructor at Planet Fitness in the Philadelphia area. Shortly thereafter, I was offered a chance to open a brand new Planet Fitness location as General Manager.
Opening a new location from the ground up was a difficult and time consuming task. However, my four years at Marywood gave me the tools and confidence I needed to tackle this challenge. The education I received in the classroom provided me with the knowledge needed to train clients and effectively manage a fitness club. Being a four-year member of Marywood’s Lacrosse team has also taught me great leadership and interpersonal skills which are applied daily, and will continue to help me as my career grows.
Wherever my career takes me, whether it is in fitness club ownership, or personal training, I know that everything I learned at Marywood will be with me every step of the way.
Specific Program Requirements
Candidates for this post-master's certification shall:
- Follow normal application procedures for admission to graduate programs, indicating desire to seek this certification. Candidates must possess a 3.0 average in all prior undergraduate or graduate work.
- Successfully complete an interview prior to formal admission to the program.
- Successfully complete a minimum of eighteen semester hours in the following plus an internship
Issuance of the Supervisory certificate requires a minimum five years of professional school experience on an instructional certificate.
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores
- Completed application
- Official transcripts
- Letter of recommendation