Transfer from Another College (Undergraduate)

A student who demonstrates satisfactory academic performance at another college or university may apply for admission as a transfer student. Academic courses presented for transfer should be equivalent to courses required by the programs of study at Marywood. A student must earn a minimum of 42 credits at Marywood University; at least one-half of the credits required for a major must also be earned at Marywood. Individuals interested in particular academic departments should read about programs and policies in the appropriate sections in this catalog.

A candidate for admission as a transfer student is responsible for the submission of the following items to the Office of University Admissions in order to complete an application for admission:

  • An application form with the appropriate fee (free for online filers),
  • An official high school transcript, 
  • Official transcripts from ALL colleges or universities that the candidate has attended, 
  • At least one letter of recommendation,
  • An official score report from the General Education Development Test (GED), if applicable.
  • A personal statement consisting of at least 250 words on why the applicant wishes to pursue the intended major.

If the primary language of the candidate is not English and previous formal education was not in English, an official score report of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required.