Shape Your Life as a Leader in Service to Others
Academic service-learning is a structured educational experience integrated into the curriculum that includes the following objectives:
- Meets an identified domestic or international community need
- Provides a reciprocal method by which students and community benefit
- Fosters personal development, civic duty, and social responsibility
- Applies newly acquired knowledge to real life service experiences
- Provides structured time for students to critically reflect on the educational experience
- Reflects the Marywood University mission statement and embodies the curricular purpose of "living responsibly in an interdependent world"