Catholic Relief Services Ambassador Program
- Announcements & Calendar
- Liturgy and Worship
- Prayer and Spirituality
- Maxis-Gillet Service Scholars
- Fair Trade
- Thanksgiving Adopt-A-Family
- Community Service & Social Justice
- Alternative Break Service Trips Program
- Contact Us
- Long-term Service Opportunities
CRS Campus Ambassadors are working hard to build a constituency for the global poor on their campuses and to advocate for more just policies worldwide. CRS Ambassadors are trained by and maintain a close working relationship with Catholic Relief Services, the third largest U.S. international private relief and development agency. The Ambassadors gain in-depth knowledge on Fair Trade, Food Security, Global Health & HIV-AIDS, Immigration, and Peacebuilding, and in turn, educate, resource and contribute to existing student organizations, university programming, and also generate new initiatives on these issues.
CRS resources for college campuses can be found at: http://crscollege.org/
For more information on joining or collaborating with Marywood's CRS Ambassadors, contact Sister John Michele at email@example.com or call 570-961-4723. You can fill out a CRS Ambassador Application and return it to Campus Ministry, Swartz Center for Spiritual Life.
CRS Ambassador Focus Issues
- Human Trafficking - is modern day slavery, which is at its highest peak in all of history.
- Poverty - Catholics Confront Global Poverty (CCGP) is an initiative of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and Catholic Relief Services. It represents the official voice of the Roman Catholic Church in the United States on policy issues related to improving the lives of poor and vulnerable people worldwide.
- Hunger - CRS combats hunger each day through its emergency relief programs, and through its innovative work in agriculture and livlihoods development.
- Humanitarian Aid - International assistance helps people live lives worthy of their dignity as human beings, made in God’s image and likeness. Learn how we as Catholics can work to improve and increase international assistance, so that children of God across the world can lift themselves out of poverty.
- Refugees - Catholic Relief Services began 70 years ago helping refugees in Europe during and after World War II. Today, the Church's concern for the poorest and most vulnerable people compels us to continue that work wherever refugees and internally displaced people are at grave risk.
- Fair Trade - is a trading partnership based on dialogue, transparency, and respect that seeks greater equity in international trade. It contributes to sustainable development by offering better trading conditions to, and securing the rights of, marginalized producers and workers – especially in the Global South.
- Immigration Reform - CRS is a member of the Catholic Campaign for Immigration Reform, Justice for Immigrants. As such we support the request for a path to citizenship, path to legal work for future flows, expedited family reunification and restoration of due process.
"I want to be a CRS Ambassador because it is one of the first organizations that I have been involved in that has made such a difference. It is so amazing to see so many people who are passionate about making a change in the world and actually acting on that passion." Erica Chaplin '15