- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Work
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Portfolio Guidelines
- Foundation Year
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Study Abroad - The opportunity of a Lifetime!
There's a wide world waiting for you out there!
Success in the field of visual arts depends not only on technical expertise, but also on your breadth of experience and depth of insight. Marywood encourages all art students to experience first hand the global nature of our cultural tradition.
Your classmates, professors and Marywood alumni can help you select the ideal program for you. We offer opportunities to spend a semester, summer session, or short study tour in:
Studio Art Centers International (SACI)
The centerpiece of our study abroad program is Marywood's Italian Campus for outstanding art students at Studio Art Centers International (SACI) in the heart of Florence, Italy. Students may apply to study in Florence for a semester or summer session.
Once there, you can choose from a full curriculum of courses: drawing, painting, fresco, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, photography, video and filmmaking, graphic design, interior design, illustration, jewelry, art history, museology, art conservation, and more.
This program includes field trips to important locations throughout Italy. All courses are taught in English, so it's easy to assimilate to Italian culture.
Interested in Study Abroad?
Study abroad experiences can be tailored to individual comfort levels so students get exactly what they want from the experience. The amount of time spent overseas could range from a few weeks in the summer to an entire academic year. Students can choose to live with host families, among foreign students, or surrounded by other Americans. Programs are modestly priced, and scholarships and financial aid are also available.
If you’re interested in finding a study abroad program that fits what you’re seeking, the Office of International Affairs, located in the Liberal Arts Center, Room 220, can help you find a program. The process of applying for overseas studies starts whenever you’re ready.
Checklist for Study Abroad
- Visit the Office of International Affairs, Liberal Arts Center, Room 220, or call 570-961-4581 or email International@marywood.edu to schedule an appointment with Study Abroad Director
- Find a country, program, or university that interests you
- View the Study Abroad opportunities for Art Majors
- Take a look at the Study Abroad Handbook (PDF)
- Visit the Study Abroad website at http://www.marywood.edu/international/study-abroad/
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor. (Verify your courses.)
- Schedule an appointment with Financial Aid.
- Schedule an appointment with Registrar’s Office.
- Review information with the Study Abroad Director.
- Complete all necessary forms and applications and return them to the International Affairs office.