- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Student & Faculty Work
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Portfolio Guidelines
- Foundation Year
- Study Abroad
- Alumni Success Stories
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Summer Camps
Read Our Blog:
Emma PilonCeramics Major, Arts Administration Minor
Studied in Lisbon, Portugal
"After having stepped outside my comfort zone like this, I approach my work with more confidence. It was an absolutely invaluable experience, and I would not trade it for the world!"More Study Abroad testimonials »
As a form of visual communication, photography is a prevalent and powerful force in our society. The demand for highly skilled photographers continues to grow. There are a variety of exciting opportunities for creative, enthusiastic, and well-prepared photographers. Marywood's photography program for undergraduates combines fine art training with commercial applications to prepare you for a career in photography.
Our program emphasizes technical skills, from traditional gelatin silver and chromogenic processes to digital imaging and alternative processes. It's enriched by the study of aesthetics and art history, as well as projects that explore the relationship between photography and other art disciplines.
Photography students have access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment:
- Two group black and white darkrooms
- Private darkroom for making large projection prints
- Color darkroom served by a Hope processor
- Alternative processes room devoted to working with historic printmaking methods, such as palladium, cyanotype, and gum bichromate
- 4x5 view cameras
- Variety of 35mm and 21⁄4 cameras
- Spacious lighting studios, equipped with versatile strobe systems
- Computer lab, equipped with negative, slide, and flatbed scanners, large format color inkjet printer, and image-editing software
Download the course sequence sheet for a breakdown of classes each semester.
For more information about our photography program, contact Sam Olfano at firstname.lastname@example.org.