- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Student & Faculty Work
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Portfolio Guidelines
- Foundation Year
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Read Our Blog:
"I can point to my studio art classes at Marywood University as the best experiences of my undergraduate career. The fostering of trust, independence, and camaraderie between the professors and students at Marywood prepared me for further artistic pursuits and a professional degree."
(MFA Historic Preservation, Savannah College of Art and Design)
Marywood's art education program develops teachers who are competent in studio art, art history, aesthetics, and art criticism. Our bachelor's degree in art education leads to K-12 certification.
Our art education program includes coursework in:
- Art history, from prehistoric to contemporary.
- Social, economic, and cultural influences that influence the visual arts.
- Developmental and educational psychology, to help you understand the cognitive and affective development of children.
- English language learning and special needs accommodations, to prepare you for all types of learners.
- Teaching model lessons, preparing unit plans, and researching materials.
Marywood boasts an active student chapter of PAEA (Pennsylvania Art Education Association). For more information on our Art Education program, contact Ann Marie Castelgrande at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the course sequence sheet for a breakdown of classes each semester.
Marywood also offers a graduate degree in art education.