- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- Student & Faculty Work
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Portfolio Guidelines
- Foundation Year
- Study Abroad
- Alumni Success Stories
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Summer Camps
Read Our Blog:
Erica VerbasIllustration major, Religious Studies minor
Studied in Glasgow, Scotland, UK
"The opportunity for European travel was amazing. It was so exciting to experience Dublin, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, and Barcelona. On a trip to Italy, I was able to visit Rome and Florence and was thrilled to experience the Biennale Art Festival in Venice firsthand."More Study Abroad testimonials »
Marywood's art education program develops teachers who are competent in studio art, art history, aesthetics, and art criticism. Our bachelor's degree in art education leads to K-12 certification.
Our art education program includes coursework in:
- A wide variety of art courses to give you experience in using diverse art media and studio processes.
- Art history, from prehistoric to contemporary.
- Social, economic, and cultural influences that influence the visual arts.
- Developmental and educational psychology, to help you understand the cognitive and affective development of children.
- English language learning and special needs accommodations, to prepare you for all types of learners.
- Teaching model lessons, preparing unit plans, and researching materials.
Marywood boasts an active student chapter of PAEA (Pennsylvania Art Education Association). For more information on our Art Education program, contact Ann Marie Castelgrande at email@example.com.
Download the course sequence sheet for a breakdown of classes each semester.
Marywood also offers a graduate degree in art education.