Ordering Your Laptop
When ordering your mobile workstation, you will have the option of adding more RAM (Random Access Memory), a bigger hard drive, increased warranty protection, an external display, external storage and other peripherals. When you click on the "Order Laptop" link, it will direct you to a specially-designed page on the Dell Website designed for students in our School of Architecture. Simply search for the Dell model you are looking for (we recommend the Dell M4800).
Our licensing agreement with Synergis allows Marywood architecture/interior architecture students to freely download AutoDesk's Autocad 2013, Ecotect and Revit 2013. Other software, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe CS5, are offered at a significant discount to all Marywood students. Simply click on the appropriate link to order and download software.
The Marywood Bookstore also has the Dell M4800 available, call or email for details.
REQUIRED LAPTOP HARDWARE
Marywood University has partnered with Dell Computer to offer special student pricing on this pre-configured mobile workstations: Dell Precision M4800 (with a 15" display).
Order Your Laptop - Marywood Bookstore (call or email to set up your order)
Specifications - Minimum Requirement
- Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8 Pro
- Processor: 4th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7 options, 2.66GHz, 6MB
- Display: 15.6" HD + 1366x768 Wide Anti Glare LED
- Graphics: 1GB AMD FirePro M4000 Mobility Pro Graphics
- Memory: 8.0GB, DDR3-1866MHz SDRAM, 4DIMM
- Camera/Microphone: HD Webcam w/Microphone
- Primary Storage: 500GB, 7200rpm Hard Drive
- Optical: 8XDVD+/-RW, Blue-ray Disc writer
- Primary Battery: 6 Cell or 9 Cell
- Wireless LAN: Intel Centrino
- Warranty: 3-Year Ltd Warranty
REQUIRED LAPTOP SOFTWARE
Microsoft Office 2013 (Student discount through journeyEd)
- Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) (Student discount through journeyEd)
These programs must be included (basic requirement - Standard Student Edition):
- Photoshop CS6
- Illustrator CS6
- InDesign CS6
- Acrobat X Pro