Miguel A. Calvo Salve, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Architecture
(570) 348-6211 ext. 2983
“Light, Structure and Material. Presences in the work of Marcel Breuer”. Universidad de La Coruña, Spain.
Master of Architecture | Sobresaliente (First Honours Class)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura. ETSAM.
ERASMUS FELLOWSHIP | Scuola di Architectura, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
Areas of specialization:
Architectural Design, Building Technology and Urban Planning.
2005-13 | Full-time Lecturer in School of Architecture CESUGA-University College Dublin.
La Coruña, Spain.CESUGA, founded in 1995, is a private university center in alliance with the University College Dublin in Ireland, a university of renowned international prestige. Professor Calvo Salve was the person responsible for the implementation of programs of 3rd, 4th and 5th years in CESUGA-UCD with the monitoring of the Head of UCD-School of Architecture, Professor Mr. Loughlin Kealy. The Architectural program is accredited by RIAI. He taught Building Technology and Architectural Design in 2nd, 3rd, 4th year and Introduction to Urbanism in 2nd year. He served as External Critic in 2nd year Architectural Design Final Review in UCD- Dublin 2012.
He also had the privilege of being a dissertation tutor of several students who chose his areas of expertise and with whom he still holds a close relationship. Besides his course load, he demonstrates his passion for academic life by fostering and promoting the academic growth of students of architecture, organizing specific workshops, exhibitions and publications of student work, and numerous study-trips to other countries in order to promote appreciation of their architecture. Since August 2013 he has been Assistant Professor In the School of Architecture at Marywood University.
Professor Calvo Salve is the Principal since 1998 of MACS, ARCHITECTS asnd a Registered License Architect in Spain since 1993. The firm possesses broad professional design experience with emphasis in sustainability architecture, recognized research, constructed proposals, theoretical explorations, creative work, has won prizes and participated in exhibitions and publications.
Significant Buildings and Projects:
- “L´Antigrazioso”. 7th selected in the 9th RIBA International Students Competition.
- Housing in SUNP-25, Santiago de Compostela. 3rd Prize Competition.
- Primary Care Center “Los Rosales”. A Coruña, Spain.
- Health Centre “Casa del Mar”.- A Coruña. Spain.
- Cover and Humanization of the Buses Stop of Xinzo de Limia, 1st Prize Competition.
- Landscape intervention in the bridge “Puente de la Cruz”. Pazos de Arenteiro.
- Master plan of the Medieval Castle of Sarmeinto, Ribadavia. Ourense.
- Landscape project of the Historic and Artistic Site of San Estevo de Rivas de Sil.
- Lighting project—Church and Major Altarpiece of “San Salvador Monastery”, Celanova.
- School of Theatre and Music for the Atlantic Area. Ourense.
- Urban interventions in National Historic and Artistic Site of Pazos de Arenteiro.
- Four storey house in Salgado Moscoso street 26-28, Historic center of Ribadavia.