Selecting a course of study is a "major" decision and can cause much anxiety for college students, but the good news is that there are people you can talk with and specific things you can do that will help you make career and academic choices.
Here are a few tips for specific actions that you can take to make your decision.
- Make a plan.
- Use the FOCUS program
- Visit the Career Services Office to research career options.
- Talk with a staff member in the Office of Retention and Advising
- Talk with faculty and students currently enrolled in programs you are considering.
- Talk with people currently working in the field you are considering.
- Gain experience through career shadowing, volunteering, part-time positions and internships.