Be sure to follow the tips below to prepare for the advising and registration process.
Ultimately, you are responsible to know the requirements of the academic curriculum to complete your program. Your advisor can be a tremendous resource in the process.
What to bring to your advising session:
- This information is provided in the MarywoodYOU Portal:
- Curriculum Guide
- Registration Form
- Schedule of Course Offerings
- Tentative schedule of classes you would like to take, keeping in mind core requirements and requirements of your major (If you are undeclared in your major, you will want to select only core courses. If you have one or more majors in mind, keep in mind the required cores for these majors when making your selection)
- List of alternate courses in the event that first choice classes close before you register
- Marywood University Catalog, preferably from your freshman year
- Information on your personal schedule - work hours, athletics etc.
- Any questions or concerns about coursework, academic and career plans, internships
- Field placement information for all students with education component
Things to do before your advising session:
|Review the curriculum guide of courses you have already taken found on the MarywoodYOU portal.|
Review the Undergraduate Department course sequence for your major program of study. If you are undeclared in your major, review the core requirements. Keep in mind possible majors you are considering.
|Draw up a tentative schedule of classes for the semester. Include both core and major courses if appropriate.|
|Review the Marywood University catalog, especially prerequisites and descriptions for courses.|
|Check the Marywood University Registrar website to see what courses have closed.|
Students are expected to be familiar with academic policies and procedures, graduation requirements, and course restrictions as printed in the Undergraduate Catalog.