In order for the advising process to be successful, here are some tips to keep in mind.
An effective advisor will:
- Provide effective guidance to students regarding their education, career, and life goals
- Create a partnership between the advisee and advisor
- Help advisees plan their academic programs, identify internships and/or summer work experiences in preparation for their chosen careers
- Know important dates such as add/drop dates, last day to withdraw, etc.
- Know processes, such as Leave of Absences, Incompletes, etc.
- Be available to students
- Understand the core curriculum in addition to all major requirements
- Be aware of all campus resources
Our office would be happy to meet with any advisor for an individual refresher session on academic advising. Additionally, we are always available to answer any questions you may have regarding academic advising.
Marywood University Resources
- Career Services
- Registrar's Office
- Counseling Center
- Campus Ministries
- 2003 Core Curriculum
- 2010 Core Curriculum
- Weekly Schedule