The student who majors in sociology will:
- Acquire knowledge of major interpretations of the social sciences
- Engage in the specific modes of inquiry of the social sciences and pursue purposeful, honest and effective research
- Participate effectively in discussion, exercising respect and critical thinking in analyzing opinions and tentativeness in formulating opinions and conclusions
- Respond actively and effectively to the challenges of contemporary society, relating the study of social sciences to current affairs
- Empathize with human emotions and values and understand the cultural characteristics and accomplishments of diverse ethnic and religious groups, recognizing and appraising the values implicit in their specific orientation.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Office of University Admissions
Chairperson: Alexander Vari, Ph.D.
Department of Social Sciences
Department email: firstname.lastname@example.org